McGrath Insurance Group has more than 75 years of experience working with businesses. We have extensive experience in many different industries.
Banking used to be a pretty straightforward business. It was a business you could “bank on.”
Not anymore. Today, banks and other financial service companies need to be protected with mortgage impairment insurance, REO coverage, lender liability insurance, credit-related coverage and more. Directors and officers are especially at risk and need to be insured against potential liability suits. And, of course, there are the typical business issues to consider, such as employment practices coverage and key person insurance. ^top
Like medical device companies, biotechnology and life science companies face tremendous product liability risk. However, they often lack the capital of large drug companies.
McGrath Insurance Group has the experience to analyze their risk, and obtain the coverage that biotechnology and life science companies need for a competitive price. We offer specialized products for property, business income, general liability, error and omissions, and umbrella insurance crafted for life science companies at a price they can afford. ^top
Hospitals and other medical facilities, by the nature of their business, work with people who need help. Thousands of people in need of care go through a hospital every year seeking help. That creates a great deal of risk. We can protect you by creating a specialized insurance program to cover your risks. ^top
In today’s global economy, insurance protection is more important than ever. You’ll need a program in place to protect your business abroad. Much depends on factors such as where you are shipping to and how you need to handle foreign liability, what your cargo is and whether your employees are based abroad or you have additional foreign facilities. You need an insurance agency that understands these global issues. We have developed international insurance programs in China, Ireland, Germany, Mexico and other countries. ^top
Manufacturing has a significant exposure to risk. Accidents happen. Products may be faulty and may even cause a liability suit. Goods may be damaged. Almost anything can go wrong – and usually does. It pays to be covered, just in case. McGrath Insurance has worked with hundreds of manufacturers. We understand your needs and can analyze your coverage to provide the protection you’re looking for at a competitive price. ^top
Manufacturers of medical devices, like physicians and drug companies, are exposed to tremendous risk because of the potential of product liability. Any potential risk to a patient’s health can result in a product being removed from the market. Medical device manufacturers need an insurance agency that understands such risks, so they can reduce their exposure while controlling costs.
Medical devices are typically manufactured using “best practice” manufacturing standards. Strict adherence to precise standards is essential, which puts medical device manufacturers at greater risk than most companies for losses caused by contamination, errors and omissions, and other potential causes of losses and liability. ^top
We work closely with metalworkers, which have special insurance needs. Enhancements we offer to meet these special needs include coverage for:
- Replacement costs. Standard commercial policies pay only actual cash value for patterns, molds and dies. Because of depreciation, cash value is likely to be a fraction of replacement value. McGrath Insurance can provide the funds you need to replace whatever is damaged.
- Damage to finished goods. McGrath Insurance provides special coverage to recover profits lost when finished goods are damaged or destroyed.
- Errors and omissions. We also cover performance failures caused by negligence.
- Business interruption. McGrath Insurance can cover the loss of inventory or raw materials at, or en route to, the finishing site. We even cover losses resulting from damage to, or destruction of, off-premises power plants, electronic data-processing media, and research and development documents. ^top
Operating a nursing home has many business challenges. Your residents are frail and may be suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Out of economic necessity, the people who care for them work long hours and much is demanded of them. Nursing homes have a high degree of risk and typically have frequent claims. A strong risk management program will help reduce claims frequency and potential litigation. ^top
Physicians need to review both their exposure and their expenses. What risks do they need to manage and what will it cost to manage those risks?
The most important coverage is medical malpractice. Given the risk of a lawsuit, doctors should buy the best coverage they can from the most reputable carrier. Other important coverage includes long-term disability insurance and, for small groups, business overhead expense coverage. Managed-care liability insurance should also be considered and, since its cost is negotiated, it may provide a reasonably priced alternative.
Other exposures that should not be overlooked include liability for other professional staff, such as midwifes, and for other business practices, such as billing errors, managed care errors and omissions, and medical waste liability.
Personal insurance coverage is also important. Doctors are often targets for liability cases, because they are perceived as having high incomes. A personal umbrella policy can offer the needed protection for physicians’ personal, non-professional exposures. ^top
Having worked with the plastics industry for many years, we understand the special insurance needs of plastics manufacturers. Enhancements we offer to meet these special needs include coverage for:
- Contamination. Impurities, temperature changes and humidity are some of the causes of product contamination that can result in losses.
- Replacement costs. Standard commercial policies pay only actual cash value for patterns, molds and dies. Because of depreciation, actual cash value is likely to be a fraction of replacement value. Insurance from McGrath Insurance Group can provide the funds you need to replace your patterns, molds and dies at today’s prices.
- Damage to finished goods. McGrath Insurance can develop a plan to provide special coverage to recover profits lost when finished goods are damaged or destroyed.
- Errors and omissions. We also can provide a plan to cover performance failures caused by negligence, such as latent defects or the use of incorrect resins to make parts.
- Business interruption. McGrath Insurance can develop a business recovery plan to keep your business operating in case of a hurricane, earthquake, fire or other catastrophe. Funding of your recovery plan must be thought out in advance to ensure that the money is there when you need it. Extra anticipated expenses, such as payroll and public relations needs, and other issues must be determined in advance and insured properly. ^top
For the same reason that homeowners need to insure their homes, owners of commercial buildings need to insure their real estate. Fire, floods and other natural disasters can damage or destroy your property. People can be injured. McGrath Insurance has the experience to develop a plan to protect your property. We will include a review of insurance requirements and check for compliance within lease agreements to avoid significant gaps in coverage if claims arise. ^top
If you have a consumer goods store, a restaurant or any other type of retail business, your livelihood depends on how well you protect your business. Areas to review with your insurance agent include maintenance of safe premises, the quality of products being sold, and protection of customers and employees. ^top